A Little About Us
Here at Viking Van Customs we build custom camper-vans in Littleton, Colorado. We provide the most affordable, functional and fun vehicles for weekends away, cross-country road trips, and everything in between. Perfect for couples, families, and friends, we strive to inspire adventure and exploration off-the-beaten-path. Our team has local knowledge and expertise to help our customers get the most out of their vacation. We are an energetic, inspired, and entrepreneurial team. We have a passion for travel and believe in the power of adventure. We all wear a lot of hats.
Do you have a passion for travel and want to spread that energy to people all over the world? Do you stand by quality and customer service? Do you dream of being part of a unique and exciting travel company gaining momentum? Read below!
Lead Van Technician/ Builder
We are seeking a self-motivated and proactive Van Technician with strong mechanical skills to join our team. Ideal candidates will strive to produce top notch, one-of-a-kind products with a keen sense of teamwork, efficiency, pride in their work, and willingness to learn. This role will work on converted sprinter vans and training will be provided. You would be responsible for minor and major vehicle maintenance and repairs with little to no supervision. This is a full-time position with Monday - Friday hours 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Must be available to work weekends on occasion.
We will provide training for the build and conversion of our camper-vans.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Prep vans for installation of new components
- Fabricate/install wall and door panels
- Assemble/install new components
- Install electrical systems
- Install plumbing, interior systems
- Assemble/install exterior accessories
- Examine, troubleshoot and diagnose vehicles in need of repair and maintenance
- Install accessories as needed
- Repair and maintain of propane, gas and electric appliances (refrigerators, water heaters and air conditioners)
- Install, repair and maintain of roofing systems, siding, windows, doors, vents awnings, flooring, cabinetry, countertops, plumbing systems, electrical systems, liquid propane gas systems, batteries and charging systems.
- Repair and maintain of trailer frames, undercarriage & suspension systems
- Use of electronic components for testing
- Maintain a clean, safe working environment
- Follow safety guidelines
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in Sprinter Van mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing
- Experience in general construction
- Experience with welding/metal fabrication
- Experience with woodworking preferred
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current valid driver’s license
- Experience with operating power tools
This position operates in a garage environment, where temperatures fluctuate with the seasons. It requires the ability to safely use hand tools and work in tight spaces such as in and under vans and components. Employees work closely in a team setting.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, standing for long periods of time, squatting, kneeling and bending to reach components.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour